AND THAT’S HOW I CAME OUT
Queer (English Version)
Alright friends, I got the English version online! I just wanted the first day’s worth of hits to go straight to Projet 17 mai, since they’re the ones who asked me to contribute, y’know? /:)
DISCLAIMER: Since this comic is addressing sexual identity, I only included sexualities under the Queer umbrella— although, obviously, queer also encompasses many gender identities as well.
As I said in my post debuting the French version,
Projet 17 mai contacted me several months ago about creating a comic on the theme of homophobia, and though it is definitely something I’ve experienced (being denied service in shops, having people throw garbage, being followed by howling gangs of men, etc. just for holding my girlfriend’s hand), I actually have been more hurt and upset by the biphobia I’ve experienced from the LGBT “community” for falling in love with and marrying a cisgender man. Even bisexuals have been needlessly mean because I feel the term “queer” is a better fit for me instead of “bi” (it’s totally cool if “bisexual” is the term that works for you!! It’s just not the one for me).
Basically, the Identity Police have been very hurtful to me (and others who are attracted to multiple genders), so that’s what I did my comic on.
Manhood Camping Firequest. Lookin’ for a 100% for real bros to share/experience manhood in all its glory. This is for real, I don’t want to waste my time or yours. 100% JO and manhood, no sugar added. I AM NOT GAY. Don’t even think this is a sex thing, it’s all about manhood.
Looking for bros to head into the woods and bond by fire, experience life as men once lived it, JO circle, and fire/vision quests.
THIS IS NOT A SEX THING.
Gonna need some basic things/skills, I don’t want to be slowed down by fools:
- must be in reasonable shape, if you get winded walking then stay home
- Ed Hardy camping gear, it’s really good gear and it’s awesome
- desire to be a man among men
- not afraid to wield a blade
- crystal, I’m not sharing mine
- must be able to make a fire
- a knowledge of native vegetation (knowledge of psychotropic fungus a plus)
- knowledge of modern music
- protective/splash resistant eye wear
- 5 - 10 of those clip things that rock climbers use
We are gonna need a mobile music device, ipod or something. I’m bringing the music for the firequests and visionquests, Nickleback’s The Long Road. I only have it on CD, so I’ll have my discman as a last resort, an ipod would be nicer. Just sayin’.
Dont’ want to see”
- bad attitudes
- gay/homoerotic behavior, this is a manhood thing. I AM NOT GAY.
- cock rings, can’t keep it up w/o help, you aren’t gonna make it on this quest
- firearms, there’s gonna be enough guns going off and spent shells to pick up
- the nerds/dorks/lames/and anyone less than 100% into manhood.
If you are serious, then I promise you this will be the trip of your life. It will change the way you think. I’m serious, and I AM NOT GAY. To see a group of bros being men, a JO circle by a camp fire. The charge/energy in the air. Crystals get jacked, no lie. You will slip into a different frame of mind, you will feel electric.
Last outing, we had a group that was so charged we attracted bears. It was no deal, nature knew man was in the forest, the crystals gave us the confidence to own those bears. I saw it, I was there.
100% SERIOUS, NO FAKERS